The Scarlet Paper
A Woman is a Dangerous Thing To Waste...
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Democrats were dancing in the streets because John Edwards could potentially be our new vice president. I have to be honest with all of you. The thought of John Edwards as vice president gets me more excited than the thought of John Kerry. He reminds me of the tree that helped Merry and Pippin in the Lord of the Rings. He made the right decision because a Kerry-Gephart ticket would have made me lose hope that we can take back the white house this election. The New York Post reported that Gephart was going to be the vice presidential choice, which leads me to believe one of two things. Either they guessed at what Kerry's decision would be and they were unlucky or they were trying to throw the public off. They are a right wing newspaper, so you never know what they were thinking.

According to the New York Newsday, President Dubya said upon hearing of the nomination, 'Dick Cheney can be president.' This apparently was his way of dismissing Senator Edwards' skills and experience. Okay, what does that mean? I pondered on it for more time than I would like to admit. I think it means that Dick Cheney has so much experience and skills that he could be president, he is just that gifted. Does that mean that somehow he feels his own skills and experience are superior to Dick Cheney and that is why he is president right now? He might, he talks to God you know. Maybe he just meant to prove that the amount of experience that Dick Cheney has in politics is vastly greater than Senator Edwards and on that I have to agree. What we have to ask ourselves come election day is which matters more- quantity or quality? Sure Sen. Edwards has only had six years in the Senate, but he has done great things for North Carolina. Dick Cheney has managed to continually fuck us over. He has spent many years perfecting ways in which he can make himself richer and set up a system so that the divide between the haves and the "have nots grows into the Grand Canyon. As President Bush stated in the film Fahrenheit 911, the have-mores are his base. He and Cheney have been very loyal to them, especially since the beginning of the war on Iraq. In fact, so loyal that this is the first war time era in which there was a tax CUT, not an increase in American History.

Some of the great things that Senator Edwards has done for North Carolina are what irks President Bush the most. He has continually blocked conservative judges from being appointed to the federal judiciary. Listen, I am all for freedom of speech, obviously, but some of the people that Bush appoints say things like:
"Women should be subservient to men" and "Pregnancy results from Rape about as often as it snows in Miami." I’ll give you a moment to process that. While you do, please process the fact that President Bush has stated repeatedly that the jury is still out on evolution.

In this article in the New York Newsday, Bush Dismisses Edwards in South Carolina Speech, Bush states, "I'm going to carry the South because the people understand that they share—we share values." One must wonder exactly what values they are sharing, given Bush's track record of oppression and appealing to his base. The values of being on vacation forty percent of your presidency when we are supposedly fighting a war on terrorism. I also love when Republicans call Kerry and Edwards liberals, like that is supposed to be some kind of insult. Maybe I am too much of a liberal myself to realize what a blow to someone's reputation this might be. I personally think that they need to go ultraliberal. They need to motivate the masses and pick people up again the way that Kennedy did and the way the current president of Brazil does, despite the fact that he hasn't produced any quick results to end the poverty.

I have heard that Edwards is a great orator and I look forward to any debates he may have with Dick Cheney. Although I have heard a rumor that Bush might drop Cheney and call McCain as his VP. That explains why he is doing the campaign trail for Bush, doesn’t it? He is probably hoping that 4 years of washing the devils back will turn out in a Presidential race of his own in 2008, one that would be backed by the Bush family and the CCC- Corporate Christian Crusaders. I am not saying that McCain is a card carrying member. I just think he is playing his cards right in this game, this silly political game. I happen to like McCain, despite his being a Republican. Just saying that makes me cringe at my own partisanship. However, I loved the way he went after the truth like a ravenous wolf for the 9/11 committee. I like the way he speaks the truth. I am just expecting all of that to end now that he has hopped in to bed with King Bush.

I finally have stepped into the year 2004 and I now get Internet access at work. Expect more postings now that I can write while I shuffle paper and fake enthusiasm.

posted at # 9:18 PM by Deanne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

"A woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water."- Eleanor Roosevelt

"If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform 1 million realities."- Maya Angelou

"We can do no great things-only small things with great love."- Mother Teresa

"You must be the change you wish to see in this world."-Mohandas Gandhi

"Fear not those who argue but those who dodge." - Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

"People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant."- Helen Keller

"I am not afraid of the pen, or the scaffold, or the sword. I will tell the truth wherever I please." - Mother Jones

"For most of history, Anonymous was a woman."- Virginia Woolf

"They don't negotiate with terrorists, they invest in them!" - Randi Rhodes

"I won't be disillusioned because I was never illusioned." - Milton Mayer




Archives

  • 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
  • 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
  • 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
  • 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
  • 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
  • 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
  • 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
  • 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
  • 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
  • 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
  • 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
  • 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
  • 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
  • 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
  • 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
  • 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
  • 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
  • 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
  • 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
  • 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
  • 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
  • 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007



  • Great Links

    TrueMajority.com
    LoveIsLoveIsLove.com
    Jonathan Cainer Astrology
    Artivista.org
    The Onion
    MoveOn.Org
    MichaelMoore.com
    ACLU
    WorkingforChange.com
    Fair.org
    The Village Voice
    TomPaine.com
    CommonDreams.org
    TheModernWorld.com
    Alternet.com
    InTheseTimes.com


    Search:
    Keywords:
    In Association with Amazon.com



    Credits

    design by maystar
    powered by blogger
    Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise